A civil judgment is good for ten years.  The month of October is the month to file income tax garnishments.  It takes about thirty days for it to get through the court system and then another twenty days to have it filed with the State of Michigan.  This is a good way to collect monies.  You probably got the civil judgment and then didn’t know what to do with it.  Now is the time to do that.  It is a simply process.  If the judgment is getting close to being ten years old, the judgment can be renewed for another ten years.  You do need a social security number for the income tax garnishments.  If you have those two things, you can obtain the refund of the debtor if the garnishment is filed now.  Contact our office and let us do the work for you and you can just sit back and collect the money!


Watt Law Firm, P.C.
2951 Thornhills Avenue SE
Grand Rapids MI 49546